Events & Speakers
Events & Speakers
Our garden events consist of...
- Workshops in horticulture and floral design
- Flower shows are open to the public
- Volunteer and financial supporting activities and projects of the Toronto Botanical Garden
- Several of the members are instructors of class and workshops presented at the Toronto Botanical Gardens as well as being accredited who are constantly in demand at many horticultural and flower shows.
- Field trips are taken to destinations that provide members with great garden experiences
- Monthly and annual flower shows are judged by accredited judges. Many Milne House club members are also accredited judges. Several are instructors of classes and workshops presented at the Toronto Botanical Gardens
- Membership in Garden Clubs of Ontario and other societies.
- WAFA (World Association of Flower Arrangers)
- Craft Group…meets Thursdays to make crafts to be sold at meetings and other events.
- Support of projects of Toronto Botanical Garden (e.g. Get the Jump on Spring).
- Participation in Canada Blooms.
- Christmas with Milne House…an annual major fundraising event to support the “Living Winter Programme” of the Toronto Botanical Garden. This programme provides a free full-day program, transportation and snacks to Grade Four students from November to February. Curriculum-linked habitat programs highlight immersion and hands-on learning through outdoor explorations.”
Our Speakers for 2023
January 17, 2023 – “Ikebana” – Ayako Sugino
February 21, 2023 – “Bermuda Blooms” – Beth Miller, Sylvia Outerbridge
March 21, 2023 – “Propagation” – Garry Edwards
April 18, 2023 – “Balcony and Terrace Container Gardening” – Joanna Blanchard
May 18, 2023 – No presentation – Annual Show
June 20, 2023 – No presentation – AGM & Lunch
September 19, 2023 – “Habitat Restoration” – Peter Ewins
October 17, 2023 – TBA
November 21, 2023 – No presentation – Christmas Lunch